“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”
― Edward Everett Hale
It has been a great experience taking my body on this journey of clean, simple eating.
Here are my results after 21 successful days:
- Plenty of energy to work and go to school full-time on 6-7 hours of sleep a night. (With NO coffee or sugar boosts)
- Down 15lb. I started at 145 and now my weight is stable at 130, which is where I like to be.
- Clearer thinking and more focus.
- Better digestion. I don’t feel weighed down by food or bloated.
- A better understanding of my eating habits.
Tips for those who want to take small steps to eat healthier/more clean:
- Replace your breakfast or dinner with a healthy smoothie that has a cup of spinach or kale added to it (and no added sugars). And remember that it’s a meal and not a snack.
- Leave 12 hours between your last meal of the night and your first meal the next day. Your digestion will thank you!
- Start simple with your meals. Do you like brown rice, beans, lentils, quinoa? Always have those cooked and on hand to build a protein heavy meal by adding sauteed veggies or making a fresh salad and adding those in. So simple but so good for you and tasty.
- Just say no to sweetened beverages. None of them are even close to good for you, and your body needs lots and lots of water through out the day, which you won’t be drinking if you guzzle sodas.
- Always have go-to healthy (preferably home made) snacks ready for busy, stressful days.
If anyone is ever interested in trying a cleanse I would be happy to help or do it with you! Thanks for following along.