“Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one.”
― Astrid Alauda
I am changing my eating habits to a modified Clean program.
The clean program eliminates certain foods that may cause allergic reactions in some people (mainly tomatoes, bananas, soy, wheat). I haven’t noticed any reactions to tomatoes, bananas, or products with minimal soy amounts. I am not totally against wheat products but I feel my body is more efficient at digestion without them so I will avoid for the most part. I feel better not consuming dairy or eggs as well.
Rules for myself (this list will continue to be modified!):
- Absolutely no food from work (this is the most important rule)
- Drink lots and lots of water.
- 12 hour window between the last bite of food at night and the first bite of food the next day.
- Schedule exactly when my 3 meals will be through out the day.
- Wheat (bread, pasta, etc.)
- Excessive amounts of soy
- Cheap, low quality oils (canola, vegetable, etc.)
- Processed foods
- Sugar besides stevia and small amounts of honey/agave
- 1 liquid meal and 2 solid meals daily (plus as many snacks as needed)
- Green juice daily
- Vegan protein powders without soy and tons of sweetners
- Lots of vegetables
- Lots of fruits
- Rice, Quinoa, Gluten-Free Pasta
- Salads with rice/quinoa, curries, stir fries, homemade veggie burgers…
- Lots of variety in meals
- Treat Yo Self:
- Every week, reward myself for my progress (doesn’t have to be food related and definitely will not be allowing myself to “cheat”)
- WYSIWYG in Mankato is awesome!! Pretty much everything on their menu is clean-friendly and they have delicious juices and affordable prices. My new place to splurge without feeling guilty 🙂